Designed as an “all-ability” playground, it offers sensory experiences throughout and wheelchair access to 70% of the activities. There was a conscious decision to include the following features:
- A toddlers area, separate from the more senior children
- Equipment suitable from age 2 to 18
- A wide range of activities such as climbing, spinning, swinging, sliding, hiding…
- Tactile experiences with the use of varied materials such as concrete, stainless steel, wood, plastic, rubber, soft and rough leaved plants
- Sensory garden with scented and textured plants, music panels and bells and concealed telephone tubes.
- Coloured concrete paths for wheelchairs and tricycles
It has proven very popular with not only the neighbourhood but the wider region as people drive from nearby towns or detour after school.
Cartagen Group P/L
Drouin, West Gippsland , VIC
Part of multi-disciplinary team